> The Lightest PHP database framework to accelerate development
## Main Features
* **Lightweight** - 20KB around with only one file.
* **Easy** - Extremely easy to learn and use, friendly construction.
* **Powerful** - Support various common and complex SQL queries.
* **Compatible** - Support various SQL database, including MySQL, MSSQL, SQLite, MariaDB, Sybase, Oracle, PostgreSQL and more.
* **Security** - Prevent SQL injection.
* **Free** - Under MIT license, you can use it anywhere if you want.
## Get Started
### Install via composer
Add Medoo to composer.json configuration file.
$ composer require catfan/Medoo
And update the composer
$ composer update
// If you installed via composer, just use this code to requrie autoloader on the top of your projects.
// Or if you just download the medoo.php into directory, require it with the correct path.
$database = new medoo([
'database_type' => 'mysql',
'database_name' => 'name',
'server' => 'localhost',
'username' => 'your_username',
'password' => 'your_password',
'charset' => 'utf8'
'user_name' => 'foo',
'email' => 'firstname.lastname@example.org',
'age' => 25,
'lang' => ['en', 'fr', 'jp', 'cn']
## Contribution Guides
For most of time, Medoo is using develop branch for adding feature and fixing bug, and the branch will be merged into master branch while releasing a public version. For contribution, submit your code to the develop branch, and start a pull request into it.
On develop branch, each commits are started with `[fix]`, `[feature]` or `[update]` tag to indicate the change.
Keep it simple and keep it clear.
Medoo is under the MIT license.
* Official website: [http://medoo.in](http://medoo.in)