@ -1,12 +0,0 @@
MAINTAINER Skylar Ittner <email@example.com>
RUN apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
RUN apt-get install git openssh-server
# nuke the webroot
RUN rm -rf html && mkdir html
# install the server crap (private repo for now, thx GitHub Student)
RUN git clone https://skylarmt-script-account:firstname.lastname@example.org/skylarmt/TerranQuestServer.git .
RUN cd .. && chown -R www-data:www-data html
@ -17,10 +17,21 @@ Setup
3. Run PHP composer to make sure all the dependencies are installed.
4. Create a SQL database.
5. Copy settings.template.php to settings.php.
6. Add the correct database settings to settings.php.
7. Add API keys for third-party services to settings.php. You'll probably have to disable Munzee
in the code2item.php file, as they don't give everyone capture permissions
for their API. The Geocaching key isn't used for anything right now, leave it blank.
8. Package the TerranQuest app with the URL of your server (see https://github.com/Netsyms/TerranQuest/issues/3).
6. Add the correct settings to settings.php:
* Plug in your database settings.
* Contact us for an API key for the GIS API. The GIS server has a global
database of places and terrain. You could roll your own, but it's a lot to
work with (30GB database and counting).
* Add API keys for third-party services. You'll probably have
to disable Munzee in the code2item.php file, as they don't give everyone
capture permissions for their API. The DarkSky weather API is free for 1000
queries a day at darksky.net/dev (no credit card needed). The MapQuest key
is for adding location search on the admin panel, if you don't need that
don't use it. Ignore the Geocache key, it's not doing anything. Same for
the Google Play key, that's only for validating Android in-app purchases.
* Set an admin username and password, otherwise the admin interface won't work.
7. Go to yourserver.com/admin and login. If everything works, you should be good
8. On the login screen of the app, tap the gear and type your server URL.